Monday, January 31, 2011




I finally finished knitting Anne Shirley. I loved making this- the pattern repeat was simple enough that I memorized it, but interesting enough that it was still fun to knit. And I love the fact that it can be worn without blocking, because I hate blocking. So instead I'm going for the more shibori-like effect, which I actually like- the texture is great.




Haven't used my sewing machine much lately because I've been obsessed with finishing this, and I'm so happy that I did.
I'm expecting two exciting packages in the mail this week: I ordered some batting to finish a project or two and some extra supplies to make $50 so I could get free shipping; and the quilt top that I sent off to be quilted is on its way back to me, so I'll just have to bind it and it'll be done. I started this one over a year ago so I'm beyond excited to complete it. Pictures to follow, naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment